WELCOME BACK STARTING MAY, 18th 2020
I hope you and your families are safe! We are very excited based on what the Governor of Missouri is sharing, it looks like we will be able to be open starting Monday, May 18th! We miss seeing everyone at the center and can’t wait to see all the kids smiling faces once again!
As we re-open, there will be some changes to a few aspects of our program.
- To meet the required guidelines, we will have new processes for scheduling time to limit the total number of people in the center
- New Summer Hours! All plan hour restrictions will be lifted.
- Updated Achievement Tracking! Code Ninjas has rolled out a new badge system to celebrate achievements in the belt process.
Things that are not changing!
- Our amazing belt based curriculum!
- Great Sensei’s helping your ninja learn to code and develop computationally thinking!
- Kids having FUN!
Over the next week we will reach out to everyone and make sure all your questions are answered!
Jason Hansen, Audra Lehman
Check in-Check out Process
Check in Process
- Wait in or by your car until we wave you in
- Stop at door to have temperature taken with touchless thermometer
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying thoroughly. If someone is in the hand wash bathroom, wait on the tape in the hallway
- Go in the dojo door closest to the bathroom. You may use hand sanitizer if you choose.
- Sit at the table where the Sensei assigns you
- One ninja per table
- Please do not touch other ninjas, staff or any other tables
Check out Process
- Log off scratch or the GDP
- Leave your laptop and tablet on the table
- Wait to be dismissed
- Wash your hands in the hand wash bathroom
- Wait for director to dismiss you to your parent or car
- If someone is at the door, wait on the tape in the front room.
- Staff will clean the desk, chair, and computer equipment between ninjas.
Students Staying 2 hours will stay at their table between hour transitions.
NEW Center Attendance Process
Based on local, county, and state guidelines and an effort to keep everyone safe, we are going to be operating with the following processes.
- Students and staff will be required to wash their hands as they enter and sanitize their hands before entering the dojo.
- No more than 8 students in the center at a time.
- In order to support this limitation, we will require you to schedule the time you want to come in. Click on your center button below and you can pick the times that work best for you!
- Summer Hours!! We will continue to evaluate and expand our hours as needed!
- Our staff will utilize remote computer viewing technologies to limit close contact with students. This is a new technology that will allow all screens to be viewed by our sensei to be able to monitor and help when they need it!
- Our staff will be wearing masks. We would recommend that your students wear masks as well.
- The tables will be separated and only one student per table.
- Temperatures of staff and students will be taken upon entering the facility those with fever or not “feeling well” will be asked to return home.
- Sanitization practices as recommended by the health department will continue to be followed.
- All computer equipment will continue to be sanitized after each use.
2020 Summer Hours
May, June and July
Sunday 1:00 to 4:00
Monday 3:30 to 6:30
Tuesday 3:30 to 6:30
Wednesday Not Open
Thursday 3:30 to 6:30
Friday 3:30 to 5:30
Saturday Not Open
Q: I have hours to make up, How many hours can I come in each week?
A: For now we would like to limit each student to 4 hours in the dojo per week. With a maximum of 2 hour per day. As we add more hours or can open up more spots in the dojo we can increase the amount per week.
Q: How long do I have to make up the hours.
A: As long as you are still an active student you will be able to make up the hours missed any time in 2020.
Q: How far in advance can I schedule my hours?
A: You can schedule your hours up to 30 days out. We ask that you book before 12:00pm the same day. If you are not able to make your spot please cancel or re-schedule at least 24 hours before your selected time to allow others to use the time.
Q: I have a Junior and would like to make up time, how do I do that?
A: We will have specific make up times for juniors to do fun and special things over the next few months. More details will be available soon!
Q: I am a homeschool student, will you still have hours during the day?
A: Until this fall when we are able to have more people in the dojo, please utilize the scheduling system with the hours currently open.
Q: What about the Stem Time? Are we still able to do that?
A: We are going to provide STEM kits each week for each student that wants to do the project and you can work on them at home. You can also check out our youtube channel for more stem activities.